PRESTASHOP ECOMMERCE DEVELOPMENT
Prestashop comes packed with over 275 features out-the-box, and features are improving and increasing with every new version.
- – Unlimited categories, products and attributes
- – Product comparison
- – Quantity / Stock management
- – Multiple images with lightbox
- – Product image zoom
- – Cross-selling / Related products
- – Customer product reviews
- – Custom store design with Prestashop Themes
- – Multiple ‘employees’ with customised permissions
- – Custom invoices
- – Affiliate programme
- – ‘Friendly’ URL structure
- – Google Sitemaps
- – Performance settings for maximum speed
- – Meta tag support on everything
- – One page or multi-page checkout
- – Guest checkout
- – Gift messages / wrapping
- – Saved shopping carts
- – Shipping fees by weight or price
- – Billing / Shipping addresses
- – Unlimited carriers and destinations to fine-tune your shipping options
- – Integrates with any payment provider through modules (many included).
- – Tax by country, states and counties
- – Payment gateway filtered by currency
- – Automated follow-up emails
- – Coupons and Vouchers
- – Newsletter subscription
- – Loyalty programme
- – Refer-a-friend
- – Customer groups with custom pricing, shipping settings etc
- – Order tracking
- – Returns management
- – Guest account to full account conversion
Translations / Localisation
- – Available in 41 languages
- – Allow customer to choose language
- – Unlimited currencies with exchange rate sync
- – Geolocation – settings based on your customer’s location
- – Address format for customer’s country
- – PCI Compliant
- – SSL Support
- – Secure admin
- – Encryption
Analytics / Reporting
- – Track visitors
- – Track orders and sales
- – See best sellers, most viewed products, etc.
With so many features you might think things get complicated and slow. This is not the case, as Prestashop is built to be lightweight and intuitive.As Prestashop uses modules for a lot of its features, if there is a certain feature you no longer require it can be disabled, keeping your Prestashop store simple and agile.
Prestashop is Secure
Security is of course a big concern when it comes to running an online store, and Prestashop is serious about making their software as secure as possible.
Prestashop supports SSL web hosting, password and cookie encryption and PCI compliance.
Prestashop is used Worldwide
As mentioned, Prestashop is now used and trusted in over 100,000 active stores worldwide in over 150 countries.
Being available in 41 languages, and supporting unlimited currencies, tax and shipping rules, you can truly use your Prestashop store to service the world.
You can read about other merchant’s success stories or see the great work designers have done using Prestashop in the showcase.
The Prestashop website also has testimonials from Google, Web Agencies, as well as fellow developers and merchants.
The 41+ languages are driven by a community effort to translate Prestashop for use around the globe.
PRESTASHOP IS COMMUNITY DRIVEN
A lot of what is Prestashop’s strengths comes down to the fact that it is open-source and community driven.
Features such as the language packs mentioned previously would not be possible if it wasn’t for the community contributing to the software.
PRESTASHOP THEMES AND MODULES
We touched on Prestashop modules previously, but combined with Prestashop themes you are able to make a completely tailored and bespoke e-commerce store to your client or company’s needs using Prestashop.
Many free Prestashop themes are available to get you up and running as quick as possible, and Prestashop also comes with a default theme that can be used or customised based on your needs. You can download over 1000 modules,and 800 themes on the Prestashop Addons website.
Prestashop also have a number of partners such as PayPal, eBay and Authorize.net that provide free modules to connect to their services.
PRESTASHOP IS DEVELOPER FRIENDLY
If you’re a developer looking to create a Prestashop store for a client, or a merchant who would like get hands-on and create your store yourself, Prestashop provide the tools you need to get started.
Prestashop’s documentation covers everything you need to know in getting started with creating Prestashop themes and modules, with their Developer Guide and Designer Guide.
PRESTASHOP IS EASY TO SWITCH TO
Has this run-through been enough to convince you to give Prestashop a try?
If you have an online store using another e-commerce package such as OSCommerce or Magento, and want to know what is Prestashop’s advantages over what you use already, you can read these very good guides on how to migrate and switch to Prestashop!
WHATS IS PRESTASHOP? IS GROWING
Hopefully this run-through answers a few questions if you’d been asking ‘what is Prestashop?’ With plenty of new features coming in Prestashop 1.5, to add the already huge list of features included, Prestashop will grow in features as well as popularity so now is a great time to get involved.
You can track the progress of Prestashop 1.5’s development on the milestones page. Have I missed something? What is Prestashop’s best feature for you? Is there a feature of Prestashop that you find key to your online stores business, or while creating e-commerce stores for your clients? Let us know in the comments below.